2008 Archived News
December 16, 2008:
Added some pictures from my recent tour of Marshall Space Flight Center. Check back soon -- I still have quite a few photos left to post.Home
December 14, 2008:Home
October 14, 2008:
By special request, added F-1 engines pictures taken at the Omniplex in Oklahoma City. Also threw in some bonus pictures of their V-2.Home
October 11, 2008:
Many of the pages I'd previously uploaded referred to pages at other museums which I hadn't yet uploaded (because I hadn't sorted through the pictures I took at those museums).
Today I (finally) uploaded a large batch of "skeleton" sites for these other museums. Each museum has a full main index, showing all of the specific artifacts of which I have pictures, but the main index only has links to those artifacts which are mentioned by other pages. For some artifacts, I've uploaded all of the pictures I have. For others, I've only uploaded a small number of representative pictures.
Here's a list of the locations and artifacts I've uploaded.
- Adler Planetarium, Chicago IL
- Air Force Museum, Dayton OH
- Air Power Park, Hampton VA
- James S. McDonnell Prologue Room, St. Louis MO
- Cradle of Aviation, Garden City NY
- Goddard Space Flight Center, Greenbelt MD
- Grissom Memorial, Mitchell IN
- Grissom's Mercury helmet
- Kansas Cosmosphere, Hutchinson KS
- Kennedy Space Center
- Liberty Bell 7 Traveling Tour
- Museum of Science & Industry, Chicago IL
- Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola FL
- Space Center Houston, Houston TX
- Stafford Air & Space Museum, Weatherford OK
- Stennis Space Center, Hancock County MS
- US Space & Rocket Center, Huntsville, AL
- Virginia Air & Space Center, Hampton VA
Because of the incomplete nature of most of these artifacts, most of these are not featured on the main page. They are accessible only from here and from the pages which refer to them.Home
September 23, 2008:
Refined Google Maps links on all pages containing them, so that the map should be properly centered on the proper object.Home
September 10, 2008:
Added pictures of Sigma 7, Apollo 14, and various other artifacts at Astronaut Hall of Fame, Titusville, FL.Home
September 7, 2008:
- B-17, B-25, C-47, A-10, F100, and KC-97 at the Grissom Air Museum, Peru IN.
- Apollo 6 at the Fernbank Science Center, Atlanta GA.
September 2, 2008:
- Added Space Walk of Fame pictures (Titusville, FL).
- Added a link detailing Witchcraft's service in the Indian Air Force on the B-24 Exterior page.
- Added an additional diagram on the info page regarding the thrust chamber throat security closure on Michoud's S-IC-15 F-1.
September 1, 2008:
Added Diamond Lil pictures.Home
August 31, 2008:
- Titan I in Cordele, Georgia.
- BP-1207 at the Discovery Science and Outdoor Center.
- Langley Research Center.
- Collings Foundation's B-17 Nine-O-Nine, B-24 Witchcraft, and B-25 Tondelayo from the Wings of Freedom tour.
August 30, 2008:
- Added pictures of S-IC-15 at the Michoud Assembly Facility.
- Added pictures of LTA-3D (Lunar Test Article) at the Franklin Institute.
- Added list of major artifacts.
August 24, 2008:
Added Freedom 7 pictures. Seems appropriate that the first set of pictures I actually uploaded is from the first US manned space flight.Home
August 15, 2008:Home
August 15, 2008:
Site goes live. "Live" might be too strong of a word for it, as there's nothing here other than a "welcome" page, but at least I do have a presence on the web!Home