The sign which once accompanied the engine. It reads
The Redstone missile was an improved version of the German A4/V2. First
deployed in 1950, also known as the U.S. Army's "Old Reliable," the Redstone
was a highly accurate, liquid propelled, surface-to-surface missile.
|Trajectory:||55 mi altitude|
Developed by the U.S. Army and Chrysler Corp.
While the Redstone missile itself was developed by the U.S. Army and
manufactured by Chrysler, the engine itself was developed by the division of
North American Aviation which would later become Rocketdyne.